The Mayor is the Chief Executive of The City of Orange Township. Mayor Dwayne D. Warren, Esq. takes a hands-on role in the daily operations inside City Hall.
The City of Orange Township Mayor's Office provides the leadership, support, and resources to enable City Departments to provide services in a high quality, cost efficient, timely manner to residents.
The Mayor's responsibilities include:
- Appointing the Business Administrator and all other department heads, with the advice and consent of the Council
- Supervising all departments under written delegation to the Business Administrator
- Requiring all departments to present annual reports of all the work performed
- Appointing the members of board and commissions as authorized by ordinance, general law and any other officers or employees whose manner of appointment is not otherwise specified in a charter or ordinance
- Submitting an annual municipal operating budget to the Council
- Making recommendations deemed in the public's best interest to Council for action
- Providing an annual report to the public and Council on the accomplishments of the previous year and the anticipated goals and objectives for the current year
- Approving all Council ordinances and allowing them to take effect with his approval or exercising his right to veto
- Attending all Council meetings and conferences while taking part in discussions, and casting the deciding vote in case of a tie on the question of filling a vacancy in the Council