The Department of Community Services works to promote the well-being of children, young adults and our senior community. Our services aim to enhance quality of life by creating programs that build social-bonds which produce stronger families and communities. We use evidence-based initiatives to provide services which develop good physical and mental health; prevent illness and injury; protect the environment; and provide relaxation, rest and revitalization.
Our goal is to improve the community by highlighting education, prevention, physical activity and environmental awareness. We invite you and your family to use all eligible services provided by the Department of Community Services.
- Implementation of a strategic task force
- Organizational restructuring to streamline services
- Yearly community health fair
- City-wide Covid-19 vaccinations and testing.
- Pet health outreach initiative in collaboration with the Associated Humane Society.
- 2017 NJ Summer Food Service Program Championship Award.
Join our committed team of Orange Township workers. No experience or certifications needed. Make a difference in the Orange community today. Volunteer, build your resume and spread the love.
To volunteer with the Department of Community Services submit your request here.
WSykes@orangenj.gov or call 973-952-6100 x. 1804